Art is a form of expression that allows us to voice out what we can’t express in words. Everything we see is a form of art. Even a simple paint smothered all over an empty wall is considered an art. It depends on a person how he or she will interpret the art that they see. If you want to get started in the art industry, you might as well want to try painting. Painting is one of the standard art forms that anyone can do. Even if you are not a professional painter, you can express yourself, however you want to use paint.
If you are new to the world of art and want to get started, here are some tips for you to consider during your first few steps. Everyone is an artist in this world. All you need to do is get extra crafty for you to discover what art form that matches you.
- What kind of paint to use – there are different kinds of paint for you to choose. The most common color that is used by beginners is watercolored paint. It is easy to use, and it dries fast compared to the other types of paint. But if you want to get extra creative, you can choose from oil paint, acrylic paint, pastel paint, and even paint pens. As long as the paint that you are using makes you feel comfortable when you are creating your art, then you are good to go.
- Practice on different surfaces – the paper is the most common surface for you to paint on. But did you know that there are different kinds of papers and paint surfaces you can choose? Canvas is another common material where you can paint on. Every surface will give you a different feel when you paint. And not all surfaces are suitable for watercolor painting or pastel painting. It is a trial and error and for you to discover which one is the best for your style of painting.
- Gather ideas – One of the reasons why a lot of people do painting is to express themselves and be creative. Gathering ideas can take some time. It is best to allow yourself to be free when you paint. If you want to paint a flower and it is not perfect, it is still okay. This is because your interpretation of a flower is yours. And the way you see a flower, or any subject, will unveil through the way you paint it.
- Be extra creative – You can never go wrong when it comes to art. You have your style and let it flow that way. This will allow you to be expressive and let the colors collide and enable the viewers to create their perspective of the art that you made.
- Mix colors – Mixing colors is one of the best things to do when it comes to painting. If you already got used to the combination of colors, you will be able to create your masterpiece in no time.
- Go outside your box – Even if you only have one or two colors of your paint, you can still get creative with that. Don’t let yourself be stuck in your comfort zone. Art is all about exploring all kinds of strokes.
- The mess is okay – Creating a lot of confusion is okay when it comes to painting. You are doing a lot of things. This is why messing up or smudging some areas is exceptional.
- Keep your art materials clean – Even though it is okay to mess up your workspace when painting, be sure that once you finished, your art materials should be pure. Paint brushes, mixing plants, brush holders, and many others must be cleaned. This is to prevent the content from deteriorating and preventing the paint that is on these materials from hardening.
Painting can be a lot of fun. And once you get the hang of it, you can even find work out of it. Aside from creating art, you will be able to share it with anyone who wants it! Expressing yourself through art is one of the best stress relievers that you will experience. And all you have to do is grab a paintbrush and let yourself be free.